== Project summary ==
== What is JUCpio ? ==
JUCpio stands for Java Util CPIO and is a set of classes (a API) for reading and writing cpio files.
It is designed to be similar to [http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/zip/package-summary.html java.util.zip].
The primary reason I started this project was to learn more about the CPIO file format. The API is currently in a very early stage of development.
== Features ==
=== Implemented ===
* Gives a interface to extract data from cpio files.
* Reads cpio files with binary header.
=== Features Requests / Bugs ===
* Handle ASCII style headers.
* Make a better solution that doesn't use ''MappedByteBuffer''.
== References ==
* [http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/zip/package-summary.html java.util.zip]
* [http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man4/cpio.4.asp format of cpio archives]
* [http://docs.hp.com/en/B9106-90011/cpio.4.html HP-UX 11i Version 1.5 Reference Volume 5, Section 4 > c > cpio(4)]